Friday, February 25, 2011

Finally Back!

Yay, I am finally back to posting about the house! We made such a huge push back in October and November, that I started working more than posting...So let's play catch up. When last we met....we were at drywall. Let's look at some tile- in the bathroom and the fireplace hearth.
 Our bathroom tile was, well, there was none. It was some vinyl wall shower surround and not the vibe that we were going for. We decided subway tile- safe, I know, but just feels right in this house. We did add a little something by raiding our Heath Ceramics sample boxes. The result is really fun- you'll have to wait for the pretty pictures until the "reveal."
 For the fireplace hearth, we had some funky white ceramic tiles that were not very charming or original- so they were out! This made way for my cement encaustic tiles- I have been wanting to do these for years and now there was a perfect place to put them....
I ran over to Mission Tile in South Pasadena to see what they had- lots of great choices. So many colors and different patterns (recognize the Intellegentsia ones?)....
But in the end, we chose the ones below that I found online. The price was hard to beat (I think around $8 a tile- so $12 a sq. ft. or so) and the pattern and colors were just right.
Yay!!!! The tiles went together so well- we were super pleased with the way it turned out. Again, pretty pictures are coming later! :)





1 comment:

  1. The blues and greens of that tile are my absolute favorite colors...can't wait to see the final pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails